Saturday, October 27, 2007

WikiWiki

As a student a year ago, I used to search information on the Internet and often come across Wiki. At first I thought it must been provided by an authority organization. As I went through Wiki's introduction today, to my surprise this website is extremely democratic and opens to anyone who are king to share their knowledge with the public, I think the person who first introduces the idea is a genius.

In the introduction, they have point out ways that Wiki can be used in libraries, such as:

  • to create a book review corner for library's clients. So that opinion on different books can be shared by clients and library staff.
  • provide subject entries on wiki
  • involve the local community to exchange information on library and community's activities and information.
  • involve staff into sharing and updating library information and also given library staff a place to share ideas.

I personally think it is great

No comments: